Sound Oasis S-550-05 Sound Therapy System
Sound Oasis’ S-550-05 Sound Therapy System is one of the tried and true. Although it already comes with some of the most reliable, high fidelity natural sounds, you can also add your own sounds onto sound cards to increase the selection. These incredible sounds foster tranquility and can calm anyone down to improve sleep and relaxation. Oasis systems are one of the leading brands, and even used in hospitals and clinics.
- Six high quality natural sounds. Sound tracks are Ocean Surf, Stream, Rain, White Noise, Summer Night and Wind.
- User can set a timer so sounds gradually decrease in sound before shutting off after 20, 60 or 90 minutes
- Flexibility to mount sound machine on a wall, or set on any flat surface upright or on its back.
- Speakers set into the back provide rich sound with omnidirectional reflective technology.
How does it work?
Although it doesn’t come with a display, the Sound Therapy System is easy to use and not having a display means this sound machine lends itself to total darkness. Two round buttons on the side allow the user to turn on the machine and adjust the volume by toggling the wheel up or down. The second wheel-like button below the first allows a timer to be set in increments of 30, 60 and 90 minutes. The sounds will turn off gradually so you don’t awake at an abrupt halt. There is also a continuous play option.
A large button on the front of the machine can be tapped once to turn off the sound. Tap the button again to repeat the last sound you were listening to with the same settings as before. This is ideal if you wake up during the night. Just tap the machine to easily play soothing sounds again.
To select a sound, it’s easy. The front has six buttons labeled with the corresponding sound. You can listen by using the 3.5 mm headphone jack on the back, or through the omnidirectional reflective speakers on the back.
To power the device just plug in the AC adaptor it comes with or use four of your own AA batteries by putting them in the compartment on the back of the machine.
You can mount the machine on the wall by using the small hole on the back of the device near the top to hang it, or you can use the detachable stand to set it upright or on its back. The stand comes with arrows. Just point the arrows toward the machine and slide it into the recess at the bottom until you hear a snap.
- Calm down with soothing natural sounds to help fall asleep and stay asleep
- Avoid unnatural sleep aids like sleeping pills and medication by flooding your room with soft, natural sounds.
- Help relieve tinnitus with sounds that mimic white noise and distract from ringing.
- Improve sleep quality by drowning out annoying sounds in the environment or outside.